Monday, December 6, 2010

My Danielle

There is a very special person that I have not yet written about. Alexis's sister Danielle, bright, beautiful and intense, when she speaks which isn't often I always listen because she has a way of expressing herself that is honest and direct. There is no beating around the bush with Dani, she says it like it is and is usually right. People who don't know her may think she's shy but I know better, Danielle is an observer, she is completely aware of whats going on around her and will not hesitate to speak her mind if the circumstances require it. She is one of the most loyal people I know, and she loves her family deeply. Sometimes its easy to overlook Danielle especially after Alexis relapsed when she moved to the background and stayed there, not wanting to make waves trying to stay out of our way as we prepared to leave, but she understood what was happening and her quiet strength was unwavering. Right now I am missing Dani and I know she's missing me, I know this because she doesn't phone or email alot and she refuses to read my blog this is because connecting with me makes her sad, reading my blog makes her miss me, I get it and it's okay and Dani, really soon you're going to arrive in Tel Aviv only 8 days - better brace yourself because I'm going to bruise a few of your ribs!!

3 comments:

  1. wow. This is a beautiful post, Debbie.
    I read your blog all the time and am so glad you are writing it.
    Alexis is constantly on my mind and reading your words helps a lot.
    You are all incredibly strong - and all in your own ways.
    Bon courage a vous tous.

    We are all rooting for you guys!
    :) Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason this particular blog really hit me! How can anyone measure a parent's love for their children? Never loving one more than another. There are just times when our energy needs to be divided differently, when one or the other's needs change. But our love for our children can be so strong it hurts. We hurt when they hurt, whether the pain is physical or emotional! And we never stop loving. I hope these next 8 days go quickly for everyone and you will be in each other's arms before you know it!! Thinking of you every day and sending my love your way, Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just noticed your last blog was written on the 6th, so the 8 days is now only 5 (and counting)!!

    ReplyDelete