Wednesday, December 28, 2022

13 years

I think a lot about Lex.  My life is good and I’m blessed with friends, family, my daughter, my son in law and my  beautiful grandchildren.  But Lex, Lex exists between the layers of my life, peeking around corners hovering overhead always just out of reach. There but not there, intangible and important, brushing past my face like whispers.  You’d think after 13 years I’d be used to this but I know I will never get used to it. My life has grown around this loss, her death is carved into my soul, sometimes I feel like Lex and I are one and she lives on through me.  My darling Lex, beautiful, vibrant, gifted and so much more, saying I miss you seems insufficient the words too simple to convey the emotions I feel but they are all I have so, 

Lex I miss you  we all do.

No comments:

Post a Comment