Sunday, December 25, 2022

If I Could Have 1 Hour With Lex


If I could have one hour to chat on a bench with Alexis, after 12 years what would we talk about?  What would that 1 hour conversation consist of?  That I would tell her how much I love her, how much she is missed and how much she has missed is obvious but, what else?  My feelings, her feelings my worries her worries, my hopes her hopes, my dreams her dreams.  Nothing concrete only wisps of smoke, mercury that I can’t grasp, vague foggy images without substance but with the illusion of substance. Something is ‘there ’, whether it is underneath or beside or above, it is ‘there’  That constant tantalizing and yet comforting feeling that she is near but not near.  So, maybe I will sit on a park bench and conjure Lex up for the conversation that I am yearning to have with her.

Because I endlessly miss her in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment