Saturday, February 12, 2011

Healing

We have continued to attend Shul on the weekends, we like it, it's comforting and we've made friends there. The 1st Saturday we were at Shul I was invited to go for 'coffee' midway through the service. Frances, Brenda and I went down a hallway through some doors to a little table that had a coffee urn and some honey cakes on it, we stood around talking and sipping our coffee for about 1/2 an hour, a thoroughly enjoyable break, I now do this every Saturday. I feel as if I've joined a secret club. Today Rick and I went for lunch after Shul there were 9 of us. Brenda mentioned that they all met saying Kaddish for a loved one and have just carried on, becoming friends, I like this too!

The next step in our 'healing' is to buy a puppy, we need to breathe some fresh air into our home. We already have a dog, Dodger, whom Lex adored, but at 17 years old he is blind, deaf and has a bad heart, we know he's living on borrowed time. Alexis's biggest fear was that Dodger would not be alive when she returned home, we never thought it would be the other way around. So, we are buying a puppy and already have a name picked out, Turtle, pronounced Tuuurtle. Why Tuuurtle? Because that was Lex's nickname for the past year. Her boyfriend started calling her Tzav which is Turtle in Hebrew and strangely, her doctor in Israel started calling her Tuuurtle with his thick Israeli accent almost immediately, we never new why. All I know is that whenever I call 'Tuuurtle come' it will make me smile, it will make all of us smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment