Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Moving Forward and Leaving Lex Behind

10 weeks now, 10 weeks. I'm still eating and breathing and so much more. We all are moving forward but, we are moving further and further away from Lex. In only 10 weeks we have already seen and done things that Lex will never get to experience that she will never ever see. Rick and I went on a cruise and it was beautiful, we sunned, ate and were entertained for a week - she doesn't know. Dani went to Dallas with her girlfriends, but she couldn't share her trip with her sister. We bought a puppy, we now have this lively adorable little creature running around our house giving us licks and love and keeping us very, very busy, but, Alexis will never get to know this dog.
I hope Lex doesn't mind that we named the puppy, 'Turtle' her nickname from the Israeli doctors and her boyfriend. The name makes me feel as if she is sharing this joyful experience with us.
The more we do the greater the distance we put between ourselves and Alexis. I hate this, it worries me I never want to forget her, my memories are all I have, she isn't participating in our lives anymore, she is no longer creating new memories. I feel as if we are leaving her behind, but, at least we are starting to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment