Monday, April 11, 2011

The Healing Powers of a Puppy Named Turtle!

Something almost magical is happening, prancing, jumping, happy puppy vibes have invaded my home. We have all been affected, this tiny little dog seems to understand when we simply want to sit and cuddle and when we want to play. 'Turtle' offers us unconditional love in the way only a puppy could, with licks and a constantly wagging tail, she is helping us break through the emotional fog and given us a new focus. We are all involved, Dani busy training her, Rick enjoying her mischievousness, smiling at her cuteness and me snuggling with her. The surprising healing powers of a puppy. We all talk about her constantly, ad nauseum I'm sure, but I don't care she makes me happy. I love this little dog and she loves us, Turtle brings a breath of fresh air into my home, something brand new, a healthy diversion, we all feel it and it feels good. This puppy has nothing to do with the past other than her name which was Lex's nickname. Turtle, represents the present and the future, and gives me hope that if something as simple as buying a puppy could improve our mood, then with time, we are all going to be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment