Friday, January 14, 2011

What Would Lex Do? (WWLD)

We have a new phrase in our house 'What Would Lex Do?' When I don't feel like eating I ask myself WWLD? If I don't feel like getting dressed or going out I ask WWLD? Ricks birthday is today, a tough one, so I asked myself WWLD? The answer to this question is always push, the easy route would be to wallow, stay home maybe not get dressed mope around allow this incredible sadness and pain to eat at us until we could not function at all, but, WWLD? So we eat, get dressed, go out, and we will celebrate Rick's birthday with close family and cherished friends, I think Lex would approve. I do not want to dishonour Lex's memory by ignoring the example that she set, that we set for each other. Lex continued to find enjoyment to take pleasure from her life everyday, the smallest things could put a smile on her face, sharing with friends on skype or facebook, an 'Iced Aroma Lite', a good movie, a cup of 'Read my Lips' herbel tea, a 'pass and play' game of scrabble with me which she always won, or a crazy wild storm outside her window. Lex pushed hard, and by pushing she lived well. So we will use her example, her legacy and push through the pain, push hard, because that's what Lex would want us to do, that's what Lex would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment